Specification of manuscript illustration in Remote Sensing Technology and Application
In order to increase the intuitiveness and persuasveness of scientific and technological papers, illustrations can be appropriately added, which can make the description of the content of the article more concise and clear, omit large sections of text, which is conducive to the contraction of length, beautify the layout, and improve readers' interest and efficiency in reading. However, the number of illustrations needs to be strictly controlled and limited to essential drawings, usually no more than 10. The overall requirements of the illustration are accurate, concise, well-organized and complete. Before submitting the manuscript, the author should clarify the role of the illustrations in the article, make a reasonable choice, perfect and standardize the selection of illustrations, so as to make the expression of the article clearer and the layout more beautiful. The specific requirements of the manuscript illustrations of Remote Sensing Technology and Application are as follows:
1 composition of illustrations
Illustrations are generally composed of four parts: figure, figure number, figure title and figure note. The figure note is only set when necessary. As shown in the figure below.
1. The drawing no. 1
The illustrations in Remote Sensing Technology and Application are numbered in order throughout the text. The mode is as 'Figure 1' and 'Figure 2'. If there is only one illustration, the number should still be given. All pictures should be described in the text (without the cross-reference function of Word), and pictures should be placed in the corresponding position of the text (generally, pictures appear at the end of the text, except in special cases such as top and bottom), and the pictures should be numbered from 1 in the order in which they appear. When there is a sub-graph, the sub-graph should be marked with (a),(b) and (c) and uniformly placed in a corner of the picture. The sub-graph questions (a),(b) and (c) are given after the general graph questions, with semicolons '; 'between sub-graph questions. Separated; If there is an inner illustration, the inner illustration should also be described.
1. The figure 2
The title is the name or description of the picture, and the title should explain the content of the illustration accurately and concisely. The title of Remote Sensing Technology and Application should be in Both Chinese and English. The description content of the title should be consistent with the text. The title can be a phrase or an explanation in the form of a complete sentence. The format of the picture should be roughly the same. If the title is phrasal, do not end with a dot. If the caption is one or more complete sentences, use a dot at the end. The length of the picture generally should not exceed the width of the picture. If the picture is long and needs to be changed, it should be changed from the relatively complete pause. The title of the drawing should be placed after the drawing number with a space between it and the drawing number. The figure number and title are usually placed directly below the figure. The drawing number and caption number should be smaller than the text type.
1. 3 figure
A caption is a text to annotate or explain the illustration or some content in the illustration. Information that cannot be expressed in the illustration and needs to be expressed should be explained in the caption. Annotation is divided into primitive annotation and whole annotation.
(1) Note to primitives. An annotation is the name or description of a component or element of a diagram. The yuan note should be placed above the drawing number and title, and the whole note should be placed below the drawing number and title. The font size of the annotation should be smaller than the title or lighter than the title. It can be marked directly near the pixel or through the guide line. If the number of annotations is large or the text is long, the annotation code (Arabic numbers or Latin letters) can be marked by guiding line, and the annotation code and text can be placed under or beside the picture. Note codes should be arranged clockwise or counterclockwise. Guide lines should be evenly spaced, neatly arranged, and not intersected. They can be drawn as broken lines, but can only be zigzagged once. The annotations and annotations of the figure can be separated by a line or lower dot, each annotation should be separated by a semicolon, and the end of the last annotation should be added with a full stop. A legend is a notation that gives the names and descriptions of symbols, figures, color blocks, scales, etc., and can be placed at an appropriate place in a diagram.
(2) Note to the whole map. The whole annotation is a description of the whole illustration (including the source of the illustration, etc.), which can be introduced by 'annotation' or expressed in brackets.
2. Production requirements of illustrations
Illustrations should relate to the text. Choose an illustration format that effectively conveys the key message. Illustrations should be self-evident, concise, scientific and artistic.
(1) Self-illumination. Illustrations should be 'self-explanatory', that is, readers can understand the meaning of the picture and the information to be conveyed by the picture without reading the text by only looking at the picture, the title and legend.
(2) Simplicity. The illustrations in publications are different from general drawings, which are mainly supplemented by drawings. It is appropriate to decide which ones to choose according to the content to be expressed in the text, so as to improve the expressive effect of illustrations.
(3) Scientific. ① The illustration should be related to the content of the text, and the illustration form should be chosen to effectively convey the key information. It should be self-evident, simple and universal, and should reflect science and art. ② The content of the illustrations is scientific and accurate. The title of the picture should accurately and concisely reflect the content of the illustration, avoid generality and reflect specificity. Graphic drawing and character annotation should be accurate, and the primary and secondary. The scale is realistic.
(4) Standardization. ① The design of the structure diagram, principle diagram and flow chart should comply with the current national standards or industry standards. ② Map illustrations should safeguard national unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity, safeguard national dignity and unity, reflect China's foreign policy and position, and safeguard national security and interests. It shall be submitted to the national Administrative department of Surveying, Mapping and geographic Information for examination and approval before publication. Map illustrations shall conform to the relevant provisions of GB/T 19996. (3) The drawing method of coordinate axis and value line of coordinate curve should be standardized, and the object, value and origin of coordinate should be marked complete, standardized and unified. If the coordinate axis expresses qualitative variables, that is, the line and value are not given, the coordinate origin shall be marked with the letter 'O', arrows shall be drawn at the end of the coordinate axis in the direction of increment, and the indexes can be arranged outside the end of the coordinate axis. If the marked line and value have been given on the coordinate axis, the origin of the coordinate shall be marked with Arabic numeral '0' or actual value. It is not appropriate to draw an arrow indicating the direction of increment. The label shall be parallel to the marked coordinate axis and printed in the center on the outside of the labeled coordinate axis and value. The graphic symbols used for signs, equipment and technical documents in illustrations should conform to the current national standards. ④ The source of the illustrations cited by others should be indicated. ⑤ The value modification and limit value in the illustrations should be written in accordance with the provisions of GB/T 8170. (6) The names, symbols and writing of quantities and units in illustrations shall comply with the provisions of GB 3100 and GB/T 3101. ⑦ The scientific and technical terms in the illustrations should comply with CY/T 119. The terms, values and symbols in the illustrations should be consistent with those in other illustrations in the text. ⑨ The writing method and format of the drawing numbers, titles and notes of the illustrations in the text should be uniform, and the expression method of the same content, the drawing method of the same kind of drawings and the expression method of guiding lines should be consistent.
(5) Consistency. ① The words, values, symbols and notes in the figure should be consistent with the main text or corresponding expressions in the table. ② Figure sequence, figure title and text to echo. ③ The title of the picture should conform to the content of the picture. ④ The style of the figure, the font and size of the characters, the use of line thickness, the selection of graphic symbols, etc., should be consistent with the full text.
(6) Artistry. Content and form should strive for unity. The style and style should be consistent. Line drawing should be clear, line selection, line thickness should be standard, accurate tone, reasonable layout, appropriate size. Continuous tone map should be clear, with proper level and saturation.
3. Layout requirements of illustrations
(1) Layout position of illustrations. The key of illustration typesetting is to arrange the position of illustration reasonably in the layout, which is not only beautiful but also easy to read. The illustrations should be arranged along with the text, after the first mention of the figure number, and should not be truncated or arranged across sections. If the layout can not be adjusted, flexible processing according to the situation, the principle of processing is easy to read.
The drawing number and title should generally be placed directly below the drawing. The drawing number should be placed before the drawing title with a space between the drawing title. The typesetting width of the drawing number and title should not exceed the width of the drawing. Figure long need to change the line, should be relatively complete meaning of the pause
A career change. The font size of the figure and title should be smaller than the text size. The placement of the notes should be reasonable. The yuan note should be placed above the drawing number and title, and the whole note should be placed below the drawing number and title.
(2) Specific requirements of Remote Sensing Technology and Application for manuscripts and pictures:
① The image file is JPG or TIFF file, and the color image is RGB format. Image resolution is required to reach 600 dpi; The author should use Origin, Matlab and other professional drawing software to make the curve or flow chart.
② The size of the side row is 7.8cm wide, and the column row is 15 cm (16 cm when the figure is large, the width is generally used as the standard to determine the height). Diagrams must be scaled to scale. In particular, maps cannot be deformed. When Taiwan island appears in the picture, diaoyu Island, South China Sea Islands, Chiwei Yu and so on must be added.
③ The curves should have clear lines and borders. The scale value line of the coordinate chart is on the inside, the scale is clear and the scale value is clear. Coordinate standard should be composed of physical quantity name (corresponding symbol) and unit, mark form such as content/(μg/g). The physical quantity name and symbol (in italics) should be consistent with the text and explained in the text.
(4) The Chinese font in the picture is Song Typeface, English, numerals are New Rome, and the size is 5 smaller (the size is sometimes adjusted according to the size of the picture). The legend type is 6.5 pounds.
⑤ The title of the picture is No. 5 in white, the note is No. 6, and the Title of the English picture is No. 5.